Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Grinch Cookies and Cocoa


Ever since I was a little girl I've loved How the Grinch Stole Christmas. So naturally, I'm all about sharing the Christmas classic with the kiddos. This year I decided to pull together a surprise for Belle & Peanut while they were at  Annie with YiaYia & Bopi: Grinch Cookies & Hot Cocoa.


I took refrigerated sugar cookie dough and added green food coloring, peppermint extract, dark chocolate chips & green mint chips. 




They were delish,..,,the combo of mint & dark chocolate was yummy.

When the kids returned home we read the book and enjoyed the cookies.

Poor Peanut spiked a fever shortly after the story.
That is the only reason there isn't a big grin on his cookie-loving face.

Listening to Mommy read

Bear hearing The Grinch for the 1st time. Despite his best efforts,
Bear' didn't have a cookie, but rather Rice Krispie cereal

The kiddos were exhausted from a fun-filled Christmas themed weekend, but the Grinch surprise was a success.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! I love reading each of them. Have a great one.