Thursday, January 17, 2013

Mudroom: Take Two

Awhile back I posted about my nemesis: the mudroom and the futile attempts I've made to organize the room. (Catch up on all the drama here) After our initial rework of the space, Hubby & I agreed that a thorough test run was is in order before we moved onto painting and decorating. 

So after roughly 6 weeks of living with the new layout. This is what the mudroom looks like:



A plethora of Belle's stylish kicks strewn about the floor…they never quite make it into the cubby. Which by the way, "cubby" has now become a dirty word in our house. Peanut has declared, "I don't like that word mommy" since I ask him on countless occasions to return his shoes to their storage destination.


The sink is often a holding tank for miscellaneous items awaiting some tlc or the trash. Their final resting place all depends on what time of day I get around to addressing them.

And the idea to repurpose the bookshelf as a bench seat didn't quite turn out as we envisioned. 


So I returned the aforementioned bench seat to its original bookshelf position. It appears to function better for the space, but time will tell if it serves us well or not. As of right now, I'm leaning towards removing it all together. I'm pretty sure that there is going to be a Take 3 and quite possibly Take 4 before we nail this mudroom layout. 


If anyone has suggestions for a long, narrow mudroom/laundry that must house all the necessities for a family of 5 please share. (Awkward sentence huh? I've reworked it so many times, but I just can't get it down…so forgive me.)

1 comment:

  1. In Europe no space goes wasted. Place a deep shelf 25 inches from the ceiling. On that shelf you will be able to place things you need from time to time or off season outerwear. You would be amazed how helpful it is to have that out-of-the-way shelf.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! I love reading each of them. Have a great one.