Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Pinterest Inspired Footprint Chart

Bear's Sweet Tootsies at 3 Months of Age

So on the eve of Bear's first birthday, I thought I would share with you all the footprint growth chart I made for his nursery. I found this inspiration on pinterest while I was pregnant (don't you just love when you stumble upon something on pinterest BEFORE you actually need it).

Source

To recreate the look I took a blank canvas I had leftover from the kids father's day project a few years back and painted it the same color as the nursery walls (BM Pashimina). Then at birth, 3, 6, 9, & 12 months I painted Bear's feet with white acrylic paint and took his prints. It is a simple way to catalog the  rapid growth little ones go through the first year of life.  The canvas hangs as part of a gallery wall over Bear's dresser.


Bear: 6 months old
So it is with a tear in my eye, a smile on my face & joy in my heart that I will add the final set of foot prints tomorrow. How quickly time passes!

To see Bear's birthday bash click here

Joining the pinterest challenge and linking up at:
Young House Love
Bower Power
Decor and the Dog

4 comments:

  1. Oh how I wish I had known about this over 10 years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable! will have to pin 'for the future'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That will be cherished for a lifetime! What an amazing project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!! Love it!

    Jenny
    www.simcoestreet.blogpot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! I love reading each of them. Have a great one.