Monday, February 25, 2013

Spring Fever

I am still wading through the 350+ pictures I took of Bear's birthday party. I hope to have a post put together for tomorrow. So for now, let's talk about something almost as yummy as my baby's 1st taste of cake….Spring!


Last last week I came home from music class with the boys to find our patio furniture had arrived.
That gigantic box housed our three seater sofa. Here she is in all her glory.


Finding this gem was quite the journey. Hubby & I spent all last summer debating exactly what type of patio lounge set we wanted to get. 

We needed a set that met these 3 criteria:
  • Comfortably accommodate 5 people
  • Designed with classic, clean lines
  • Rockers or Gliders as part of the collection


Hubby like the dark wicker...me not as so much. I veered towards the metal cross back, (think Restoration Hardware) but then I stumbled upon this set from Target last year. It was the perfect marriage of our wants. Wicker for him. Rockers for me. Five seats & clean lines. Sold! 


But of course there was a problem, the rockers were sold out. We could have ordered the sofa, but I was hesitant in case the line wasn't restocked in 2013. So we waited and sure enough, earlier this month the set was back online and 25% off. Add our 5% Red Card discount & we scored these bad boys for post season clearance prices before the first day of spring! 

I ordered the coffee table just to be safe, but I think it is going to be too "matchy-matchy". Since the game plan as of now is to attempt building a dining table, why not throw in a coffee table too. 
Other than that, I don't have much of a design in mind yet. We are in the midst of birthday season around here…hostessing 6 parties in 3 weeks is taking up all my energy. 

How about you all, any deck or patio projects in the works for the Spring? Are you a rocker fan or more of a lounger? I'm off to school with Peanut today to help his class make stone soup. And afterwards, he & I have a date to see the play We're Going On a Bear Hunt. Happy Monday!!!





1 comment:

  1. Your style is so unique in comparison to other folks I've
    read stuff from. I appreciate you for posting when you have the opportunity, Guess I'll
    just bookmark this web site.

    Also visit my blog post Sandwich clothing

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! I love reading each of them. Have a great one.