Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Belle of the Ball | Olympic Day Champ, Double Rainbow & Cartwheels

1. 

Today Belle had Olympic Day at school and for the second year in a row her team won the grade level tug of war competition: the greatest achievement of the school year and major bragging rights. She put her heart and soul into winning and Hubby, Peanut, Bear & I were on the sidelines to cheer her along.



 2.

After Greek School the kiddies returned home and we had the opportunity to see a full double rainbow. I know this is the first time I've every seen a rainbow in its entirety and I'm pretty certain I haven't been privileged enough to behold a double rainbow until this evening. By the time I ran to grab my camera, the top rainbow had faded substantially, but you can still see a trace of it in the first photo. The vibrancy of the bottom rainbow was quite a thing of beauty. You could distinctly make out each and every layer.




3.

Belle had set the goal of being able to land a cartwheel before the end of 1st grade. Despite numerous attempts, she has spent the majority of the past year and a half making it up & over before falling to her knees. Finally this evening before bed, Belle landed a perfect cartwheel! Thanks to a keen observation on Hubby's part (Belle' parallel rather than perpendicular hand placement) & Belle's willingness to listen (a trait she has been working hard on) she achieved a major goal. I was so proud of my baby girl that I nearly burst into tears….instead I did what any sane Mommy would do, immediately jumped up and down clapping, screaming & bursting into a happy dance.

Quite a lucky day around here…maybe that luck will rub off for the big lotto tonight. I won't hold my breath:-)

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks:-) She had a hard time falling asleep last night because of all the day's excitement!

      Delete
  2. YAY! Honey bought our lotto tix yesterday on his birthday for extra luck :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! I love reading each of them. Have a great one.