Friday, May 24, 2013

Craigslist Score {Drapes for the Dining Room}

Last week I mentioned a Craiglist find that I couldn't wait to share with you all. I few weeks back I was scoping out Craigslist to see what the market was for used drapery panels thinking I would list some I had laying around. I came across a listing for 98" x 48" raw silk custom drapery panels. The best part was the price: $25 a piece!!! The lovely lady was switching up her living room decor and no longer needed them.



I was hemming and hawing over the curtains and a month passed. The listing was expired, but I still had the seller's contact info so I dropped her a line. The panels were still available so I scooted over to her place last week and happily procured drapes for the dining room makeover.



And the only thing better than getting custom drapes for pennies on the dollar is when you can hang them on a rod that was free! When we moved into the house this curtain rod was in one of the bedrooms. For some reason I couldn't bring myself to get rid of it so I stashed it away in the basement until yesterday.



I am loving the look & how my recycled drapery rod blends seamlessly with the trim. There is a lot more going on in this room (not pictured) so I didn't want a distracting curtain rod. I am contemplating trimming the leading edges of the panels in ribbon/ fabric to help frame the windows. What is there now is just a placeholder cheapo ribbon I had leftover from Bear's birthday party.



So that is my most recent deal! How about you, any great garage sale/ craigslist/ flea market finds?
Peanut has his Preschool End of the Year Performance today and then it is officially summer for the little guy! Happy Friday everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! I love reading each of them. Have a great one.