Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Crush Worthy {Fretwork)

With the end of school around the corner, I am rushing to finalize the deck throw pillows and call that project done. While brainstorming pillow designs I stumbled upon these bed linens. I don't think I've shared with you all how obsessed I am with fretwork. I just can not get enough of the chic and timeless style. And paired with a monogram it is utter perfection in my book.

This bedding is simply divine and I have fallen in love…head over heels. I never thought I would swoon over bedding until I laid eyes on this. Trust me, this is not the last you've seen of this linen. The master bedroom has yet to be touched and now I have an inspiration. It maybe a few years from now, but that's fine seeing as how I need all the time I can get to save for this beauty.


OK back to the deck, so in efforts to pinch my pennies and finish up this space I am going to attempt recreating the pillow pictured below.  Hopefully this will satisfy, all be it temporarily, my fretwork craving. I plan on using bias tape I stumbled upon while rummaging through YiaYia's sewing kit.  The two unopened packages of "cool island mint" bias tape are circa 1979. I kid you not, keep it long enough and it comes back in style…love ya mom!


Should my attempts fail (as a fair share of my DIYs do) I came across this $10 fretwork applique. It only comes in gold, which won't work for the deck project, but a little spray paint might just do the trick. Hopefully, though plan A will work out. I'll be sure to report back.

I'm off to HomeGoods this morning to locate linen colored outdoor pillows. Wish me luck shopping with two boys! I better pack lots of bribery snacks.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I can't wait to see how this project turns out. I might have to copy you;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Can't wait to see the final results!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! I love reading each of them. Have a great one.