Thursday, May 30, 2013

Father's Day Ideas

I don't about you, but I still subscribe to the theory that for a loved one, gifts from the heart are worth more than ones from the store. Especially as I come to realize how quickly my little ones are growing and changing. So for Father's Day I like to gift Hubby with something that captures our kiddies as they are now and never will be again. Today I'm featuring two of my favorites.



This set of modern artwork canvases was painted by each of the littles (there were only 2 at the time) and thanks to the use of vinyl letters, I was able to spell out messages each of them dictated. Since Peanut was only 2 at the time, I asked him what three words did he think of when I said, "Daddy". His response was, "Funny Tackle (b/c they play wrestle each other) Porche (Hubby's favorite car)". Belle was insistent that her artwork read, "I Love Daddy." The artwork hangs across from hubby's desk in his office at work hence the crummy iPhone pic.


This second project was one of Hubby's gifts last year. Using each of Belle & Peanut's hand prints along with itty bitty Bear footprint, I added leaves to the branches of a construction paper tree. If you were half way talented, which I am not, you could draw or paint the tree. I framed the piece and it now hangs in our gallery wall.

Two simple, kid friendly projects for the special Daddy in your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! I love reading each of them. Have a great one.