Thursday, May 2, 2013

Lake Cottage Mood Boards

So I've been burning the midnight oil trying to get the ball rolling on the cottage renovation. The lake season kicks off in a little less than 30 days & that means there are boat loads (no pun intended) of details to sort out. We will be doing the work ourselves and due to a busy May, only have two "work sessions" before Memorial Day. So as quickly as possible a vision needed to be created and materials purchased. Oh and did I mention that the cottage is 3 hours away making this whole ordeal a long distance reno? We like to keep things interesting around here.

Here is the first draft of the main living spaces in the cottage; what we are deeming the "great room" and the screen porch (and for those of you who have been there, you'll know we use the term "great" very loosely).



My mom wanted a contemporary take on a lake house so I tried to keep the palette toned down and the furniture streamlined. I am not at all drawn to contemporary design so this was a bit of a struggle for me. Hopefully, transitional will be a happy medium for the two of us.


I'm presenting these to my Mom today so I'll be sure to report back whether I sink or swim…fingers crossed folks! Time.is.a.ticking.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear what you decide on! I love that you're breaking the ideas down into a well organized fashion! I love the look - and I adore that pendant light!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! I love reading each of them. Have a great one.