Monday, June 10, 2013

Project Curb Appeal Continues


Back when I was debating what color to paint the front door, several of you commented on carrying over the front door colors to the garage area. So over the weekend I got to work transforming an overgrown brier patch into a welcoming spot to rest and watch the kiddies play.



After quite a few clips with the hedge trimmers, I had room for a chair from our old patio set (painted to match the front door) along with two potted hydrangeas.


I relocated the stepping stones out from under the fast growing day lilies. Since the little ones venture out barefoot constantly, not having to walk on mulch will pamper those little tootsies. 


The former owners left these pots behind on moving day. They had been wasting away under the work bench in the basement until I dug them out and brightened them up with a new coat of paint to match the front door's accent color.




Since I had the paint leftover from the front door makeover this whole project only cost me $20 for two hydrangeas. And you gals were right, having this little vignette near the garage pulls your eye right across the house and I love having the opportunity to duplicate the charcoal, mint & peony pink color combo…. I am obsessed with it.


Next up,  deciding on a new roof and re-staining the garage door. Thankfully those are not DIY projects.

1 comment:

  1. Your flowers are gorgeous and I love those stepping stones!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! I love reading each of them. Have a great one.