Thursday, July 11, 2013

Neigh-Neigh


This little guy's latest obsession is horses. He affectionately refers to them as "Neigh-Neighs". Luckily we have a 23 stall stable & riding fields a few miles from the house. The barn and surrounding 780 acres were the summer home of the 1939 Kentucky Derby winner.



The littles spent the better part of an hour meandering around the barn get up close and personal with the horses. We then walked a few trails and played under the shade of some of the grandest trees I've ever seen.





When we loaded up to leave Bear actually broke into tears (which I promptly attempted to photograph) for his beloved Neigh-Neighs.



 The next day our scheduled plans fell through so we ventured back with Hubby in tow. The skies were crystal blue and the temperature ideal. It was the perfect summer day and the horses were out to pasture. Bear was in heaven taking in every graze and gander.



While we were there Belle and Peanut tried their hand at photography. Bear shot this family pic with my iPhone.

And Belle snapped these photos of me with two of my favorite guys.



Aww summer how I love you.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful day and wonderful
    Pictures of your family! We have an equine studies barb at UNH up the road so it looks just like this barn. Such a fun place to spend a Summer afternoon! Neigh neigh indeed! Too adorable :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! I love reading each of them. Have a great one.