Monday, August 26, 2013

HELP Reader Vote: Yeah or Nay Faceless Artwork

While glancing through the sales on One Kings Lane I came across these canvases from painter Lisa Golightly.

The images remind me immediately of Belle & Peanut at the lake.


And this one is my baby Bear.

But, I'm not sure I like the fact they are faceless. Especially in the first piece where the faces are stark white. In a way it almost feels eerie.

Let me know your thoughts. What do you think of the faceless swimmers? Prefer one more than the other? I was thinking of hanging them together in the kiddos' bathroom if I do indeed purchase them.

Oh and I'm also loving The Girl in the Yellow Bathing Suit, but I don't really have much yellow in the house. Maybe Belle's room….her favorite color as a toddler was yellow afterall.


4 comments:

  1. I don't know if I have ever posted before but I love your blog. I wish the pictures had at least a blurred face on the kids, I sorta think they are creepy too but very cool everything besides the face. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolyn-

    Your comment made my day. Thanks for following and for also finding the faceless kiddies a little strange:)

    XX
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  3. No. don't think so. Not when you take so many cool photos of your kids.
    Paige

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! I love reading each of them. Have a great one.