Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Basement Reveal Follow Up {What it looks like now}

As we begin to usher in the holiday season and soon the start of a new year, I am quickly working to check items off our 2013 House Goals. The kid's bath is complete and I'm hoping to share the reveal with you all next week. For today though, I wanted to go back to the very first goal of the year, the basement. I thought it would be fun to show you all what the room looks like today….10 months after we've used & abused it.

So this is the space prettied up for the reveal.



And here is what it looks like now (don't mind the photo bomber…I didn't even try to keep him out of the pictures).




The train table in the center of the space is a new addition & rotates between the pictured location and being pushed up against the wall. The toy box that use to reside along the far wall under the silhouettes, now acts as a side table. Other than that not too much has changed except a large explosion of toys.


In the "game room" all the toys that use to live in the closets are now at home either under the air hockey table or built in buffet. Having items out in the open helps for two reasons:
1. Toys that are visible are used.
2. I turned the closets into storage for my entertaining and party supplies.





The addition I am most excited about is the shoe cubbie turned car lot. This is the best way to corral all the Boys cars and makes for kid friendly clean up.



So there you have it….my real life update on what our space looks like after the makeover. I'm still loving the colors & decor although I think the space could benefit from an adult sized chair or two. Seems like I'm always sitting on the floor. Then again isn't that the nature of a playroom?

3 comments:

  1. Love this, it's perfect and what a great space for your kiddos to play and relax! It will grow with them too! Love your chevron curtains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great space! You are so lucky to have such huge windows in a basement. Ours is dark and dreary!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your playroom!! We had one in our basement at our old house and I still miss it 7 years later. Looking forward to seeing how you kids bathroom turned out because that is on our last of future projects. I am a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! I love reading each of them. Have a great one.