Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Picmonkey + Potted Mums = Present Perfection

I can hardly believe Fall conferences are upon us. Last year I whipped up a basket full of banana muffins & scarecrow crunch (pretzels, melted kiss & candy corn) for Belle's first grade teacher. 

Those were the good ol' days. I had a lot more time on my hands. The Baby Bear still took both a morning and afternoon nap plus he wasn't quite crawling. Fast forward one year, Peanut is done napping while BB is down to just one in the afternoon. This means a full day from sun up to sun down. Even with a much busier schedule, I still wanted to have something to gift Belle's teacher at our conference.

While at the grocery store, I picked up a sweet little potted mum from the floral department. It came pre-wrapped in a matte, burnt orange paper.



To take it up a notch, I designed a simple tag on picmonkey bearing the greeting "Happy Fall" and three jovial jack-o'-lanterns. I then printed my image on a piece of 8.5 x 11 card stock, cut it down to size & attached to the pot with kitchen twine. Instant personalization and pizzaz.




And since I love you all so much, here is the printable to make your own. Just right click the image and save to your computer. Then print selecting "print to scale". I set my printer to 17% FYI.


These would be a great gift for a helpful neighbor/coworker, special coach or just about anyone who deserves a little reminder that you appreciate all they do.


Belle's teacher was surprised and thrilled, just as Hubby & I were to learn that Belle 2nd grade is off to a stellar start. Here's to a "MUMerable"year.

1 comment:

  1. I have nominated you for a Sunshine Award because reading your blog always brings me a little "sunshine"! You can read all about it on my blog.

    You always put together the cutest gift tags!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! I love reading each of them. Have a great one.